The Study guide follows:
Mapping Quiz Study Guide
1) Define Globe:
2) List the seven Continents.
3) List the four oceans.
4) What does hemisphere mean?
5) What does the equator divide the Earth into?
6) What does the prime meridian divide the Earth into?
The next three questions use the 1st page in the packet to study (Circle 1):
7) What hemisphere is shown on the globe?
8) Label the five continents shown.
9) Label the four oceans.
10) What are the two names for the lines running north and south on a map?
11) What are the two names for lines running east or west on a map?
12) This question is a skill question finding latitude and longitude coordinates.
13) Create a compass rose.
14) What are the cardinal directions?
15) What are the intermediate directions?
Questions 16 – 19 are skill questions finding directions on a map.
20) What does scale do for you on a map?
Questions 21 and 22 are skill questions using scale.
23) Label the Earth’s four hemispheres.