Mongolian daily life WebQuest:
Here is the LINK FOR WEBQUEST.
The Mongols Daily Life Webquest
1. On what continent did the Mongols live?
2. Who did the Mongols trade horses with?
3. Why are the Mongols sometimes called the Felt Tent People?
4. About how big were the groups that the Mongols traveled in?
5. What did the Mongols use to travel?
6. What were Mongol homes called?
7. What was Mongolian royalty later known as?
8. What types of games were popular with children?
9. List three skills that were taught to Mongolian children.
10. What was the most important thing that Mongol parents taught their children?
Click the back button and click on and read White Food & Salty Tea
11. List at three of the common foods that the Mongols ate.
12. What resource did the Mongols use to fuel their fires?
13. List three items the Mongols sometimes added to their tea.
Click the back button and click on and read Dels & Fabulous Hats
14. What is a del? What kind of material was used to make a del.
15. Explain the difference between a man and a woman del.
16. What kind of jewelry did both Mongolian men and women wear?
17. Why was hair so important to the Mongol people?
18. What kind of hats would the Mongols wear?
Click the back button and click on and read Tent Homes (gers, yurts)
19. Describe what a Mongolian yurt looks like.
20. How quickly could a yurt or ger be taken apart and moved?
21. What is one possible reason why it was considered bad luck to move around
counterclockwise in a yurt.
Click the back button and click on and read Well-wishing Customs
22. Who was greeted first in Mongol families?
23. Pick and explain the importance of three Mongol Customs
Click the back button and click on and read Music & Dance
24. What type of instrument did the Mongols invent?
Click the back button and click on and read Religion, Shaman, Tasm Figures, Ovoos
25. Why did the Mongols never become an agricultural society?
26. What did the ancient Mongols worship?
27. What is a shaman?
28. How did a person become a shaman in Mongol society?
29. What is an ovoo?
30. What religion are most Mongol people today?
Click the back button and click on and read Festivals & Competitions
31. Why was Tsagaan Sar so important to the Mongol people?
32. What are the three “manly games” in Mongol culture?
33. Do the Mongol people still celebrate their major festivals today?
Click the back button and click on and read Inventions & Achievements
34. How have modern people learned about the customs and beliefs of the ancient
35. List three items that the Mongols invented or improved on.
Click the back button and click on and read Warriors
36. How were the horses of the Mongols uniquely decorated for battle?
37. Why were whistle arrows so terrifying?
38. When did the Mongols start having trained armies in their culture?
Click the back button and click on and read Genghis Khan (Chinggis Khan, Khaan Khan) - Many Names, Same Man
39. What kinds of behaviors did Genghis Khan think were important?
40. What is the most interesting thing you learned about the Mongols by doing this